Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Defining Words


I used a copy of one of my paintings for the background. I was trying to get into the prompt and a little tune was playing in my head; What a Feeling by Irene Cara from Flashdance. I checked the lyrics and "Take your passion. Make it happen" was exactly the inspiration I was looking for.

I had already chosen "Up" as my main defining word, then included some words and thoughts that I am interested in and placed them in a pleasing manner.

It looked very bare so I tried relaxing into the doodling thing as suggested by the lovely, wise Kathryn.

I rarely relax into anything, and I am finding these last few prompts quite difficult to get my head around, but I am trusting the prompts and the process and finally something took shape.

I have been wanting to try a technique new to me for some time; beeswax. This finished it off nicely; I loved how you can polish the page! 

The Soul Journalling process becomes more interesting all the time..................

6 comments:

teri said...

I love the look of the beeswax, too. Great idea to incorporate your defining words into this work. I can't wait to get started on Kelly Rae's book.

Adrienne said...

Thank you! It is a wonderful book

morningDove said...

I love this page and how the connections look like phone lines. I'd say you hit the nail on the head with your piece. just lovely.

Ariana said...

"Up" is a fansatic word to use!! I'm glad you said you used beeswax. I'm taking a Suzi Blu class and she waves over wood, so I've been a bit hesitant to wax over paper. Now I have to try it!!

Jules said...

Well, now that song will be stuck in my head, lol!
However I really like how your page turned out and the lyrics are just perfect.
Beeswax huh? Something new to try.
TFS

BTW I am just loving your blog, it is my first visit and it is nice to spend some time here!

Unknown said...

I love the whole look at this...and I love how your doodling ties it together x